Subject: Re: [amos-list] A Question on the Gui Extension
From: "Andy \"Mushroom\" Kellett" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 18:39:47 -0400

From: "Andy \"Mushroom\" Kellett" <[email-masked]>

At 11:05 PM 5/20/99 +0000, you wrote:
>From: Declan Gorman <[email-masked]>
>
>Hello All,
>    Whenever I create an application with AmosPro and the Gui Extension, the
>first window in the bank works out to be the main window.  The menu items
>seem to only work with this window and any other window opened requires
>it's own set of menus defined.  I am now wondering if it is possible to
>have the application to continue even if the last window is closed and to
>have the menus work on the screen and not just the window.  My thinking is
>no as gadtools needs a window to create an application, or am I wrong.  I
>have gone through the manual but could find nothing, so far.
>

You will need to have a window opened to use the menu functions. As for
using the same menu's for all windows, im not sure, unless you save the
main window and load it back in to gadtoolsbox and arrange it for the new
design.

Most Amiga applications that have menu options have a window of some kind,
try it. I dunno if it could be done opening a screen, I doubt it very much.

Mush

--
  *Mushroom Software* - The largest Amiga Licenseware company in the
Eastern US
carrying exclusively the F1 Software & 5D Titles from the UK. We also carry
titles    from software author's such as Paul Burkey. See our webpage for
more info!!

                      Webpage: http://www.mushy-pd.demon.co.uk
                      FTP:  ftp://mushypd.dynip.com/pub/amiga/
                     Contact: Andy Kellett <[email-masked]>
                         ICQ #9701389   AOL IM - FishGuy876

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you hogging all the fun?
http://www.onelist.com
Friends tell friends about ONElist!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html